Artificial Intelligence My Foot!


Artificial intelligence (AI) is dumb. It has absolutely no brains. How can you say? It shows you’re clueless about technology. I am. Very proud too.

The little I know comes from @mkbdhd, the YouTuber who explains technology very clearly for zero-tech people like me. If artificial intelligence is so intelligent, why doesn’t it recognize my name? I type it everyday, so it’s not a typo. Fine. I’ll make some concessions. AI doesn’t know my name because it’s not an English name, but how about the machine I use to write my thoughts?

1. Why doesn’t AI tell me to clean my screen? I thought I need new glasses. No I don’t, the screen is just dirty.

2. Why doesn’t AI tell me to clean the keyboard? All the letters look the same now.

3. Why doesn’t AI remind me that for two days running, I forgot to power off this machine, pull that power cord out before I go to sleep?

4. Why doesn’t AI tell me the cheap-o headphones I’m using are past their due date, like when milk goes bad? They usually last two years max, then I buy another cheap-o. Why not? Why would I need expensive headphones? I’m not Dr. Dre who has his name on headphones. By the way, they are not cheap. I’m just budget conscious.

5. Why doesn’t AI screen my calls? Screen your calls, is it a phone? No, but if it’s so clever, it must know that if I post a blog with the word sn….e, it doesn’t mean it should send me stuff about these low-shuffling guys because I’m scared of them. I miss the rain in Africa, not things like sn….e.

By: Nonqaba waka Msimang.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Einstein Passengers