Ice Cream With No Calories


They got us. Vegan is trending? No problem. They put ‘vegan’ on meat, pasta and anything we eat. Non-fat is trending? Labels on food say ‘non fat.’ Calories - the front runner to these concerns - is compulsory? Well! Calorie count has been on all canned and boxed food for years. It is standard, like putting on your seat belt before you start the car, but do you read food labels at the supermarket?

Zero Calories Ice Cream

I cannot prove the above claims, so I buy and eat because I trust food manufacturers. No. I don’t, but I have to eat to keep body and soul together, but ice cream with 230 calories? Please. Are you kidding me? If I am worried about calories, why would I eat ice cream with a calorie count? Is it even possible? Next thing you know, the bakery will join the band wagon. How? It will make doughnuts with glazed sugar on top, fake chocolate on the sides, fake fresh cream inside, then sprinkle it with multi-colored flakes and advertise them as, 50 calories.

Ice cream is like such doughnuts. We eat them to live precariously for a few minutes, lick our fingers and sigh: I haven’t had that in a long time.” That is what happened today. The sun was shining, so I went to that special store that sells bath soap my mother liked. Most of the brands I use are family heirlooms. If mama used them, they must be good for me.

That’s where I saw this ice-cream bar. I said I will kill two birds with one stone, throw caution to the wind and enjoy something I haven’t eaten for months, and also write a piece about it.

Voila. The blog with the 230 calories ice cream. Oh! Please! That is for the birds. We eat ice cream and doughnuts to run away from healthy broccoli and salmon, for a few hours.

Nonqaba waka Msimang

Executive Blogger

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Einstein Passengers