Salmon Skin On

 


Mushrooms have a lot of water. Cook onions and 2mato in canola oil for 6min. Add mushrooms, cook for 4min. Place salmon fish on top and turn off heat. It's cooking although it's off. Don't over cook. It dries up. Eat with rice or roasted plantain.

I love the skin on my salmon. That’s why I’m mad when I find the seafood section full of salmon with no skin. Food stores think the internet represents all of us. It doesn’t. I love the skin on my salmon, because I don’t believe everything so-called food critics say. Nature made salmon. There’s a reason why it is pink inside and protected by a black skin on the outside. I want to eat them both, as sushi or with rice and mushrooms, like what you see in this blog pic.

I cannot imbibe everything I see online for a variety of reasons. The internet is like the bottom of the sea with beautiful fish, different colours, shapes and sizes darting about, saying hello, how you doing to each other. It is also a dangerous place where smaller species run for their life when they see a bully that eats them for dinner or a snack. The internet is also a toxic dump where scavengers re-paint and re-tweet discarded lies.

I love the skin on my salmon and will not stop eating it, because a food critic says it’s bad for me. Besides, we are anonymous and that critic might consume salmon skin for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Why would I believe someone I do not know?  I’ll rather believe people in countries where the salmon skin is a delicacy.

I take everything I read or see online with a pinch of salt because a whole teaspoon is bad for my heart.  Besides, internet ‘education’ is seasonal. Salmon skin is bad for me today, and good tomorrow. It depends on the person with the biggest drum. I still get mad when I think that I naively believed that a ‘mommy influencer’ was someone who actually got pregnant, endured labour pains and delivered a human being through sweat and blood. I was wrong.

Supermarkets, please don’t remove the skin from salmon.

Nonqaba waka Msimang

Blogger Without Borders

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Einstein Passengers