Cab Drivers That Don't Speak The Language


 Cab Drivers That Drive Me Crazy

·         Cabbies that don’t know where they are going.  Can you imagine a West Jet pilot not knowing where Toronto Pearson International Airport is?  I once lost a flight to Winnipeg because the cab driver did not know the way to J.F.K. International in New York.  The friend I was with wanted to kill him, because he helped him with directions but the cabbie did not understand English.  I missed the flight and my class in Winnipeg waited for the writing instructor to come.  I never showed up.

·         Cabbies who do not speak the language.  How do you drive a cab in Montreal or Paris if you do not parlez vous French?

·         Cabbies who want to talk from the airport to a Harbourfront hotel in Toronto.  I don’t want a friend.  I just want you to take me where I am going.  Besides, I need peace and quiet in the cab because I am not Nonqaba, but a character in a movie, contemplating my next move which might be illegal or anti-social.

·         Cabbies who want tips in cold cash. Cash, what cash?  Plastic is king now and do you take the Diners Club card?  What?  Only VISA or Amex?

·         You know what cabbie, get lost!

Nonqaba waka Msimang

Executive Blogger


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Einstein Passengers