Hotels v. Airbnb

Hotels are not unique as Airbnb but they guarantee every blade in this steamer.

Hotels vs Airbnb. I have my reasons for preferring hotels to Airbnb. People don’t go the same direction like water, to quote a proverb from the Zulu language. That’s why you book an Airbnb when travelling.

Life is hard and short. That is why I prefer concrete hotel expectations whether it’s the smallest economy room or the presidential suite whereas, I’m on my own with Airbnb. I cannot demand a king bed, when I paid for twin beds. I get what is advertised in a hotel whether it’s a 3-star or 5-star hotel.

Hotels have an obligation towards me, the guest/customer in terms of front desk when I check-in and check-out, parking security, safety at night, room readiness, hallways, elevators, bed and breakfast etc. In an Airbnb, I can be murdered by ‘friends’ I brought in to celebrate my birthday or sign a dubious deal. Equally, I’m under an obligation not to destroy hotel property, in the quest to have fun. Some Airbnb owners have found their properties vandalized.

Airbnb cannot guarantee all my expectations because their product is uniqueness and the thrill of the unexpected. It’s not predictable because it is somebody’s home. It’s cozy, it feels like home, and not sterile like hotel rooms. It’s not the same colours and logo, the same monotony of Best Western Hotels, Marriott, Hilton, Intercontinental and other hotel groups.

But a hotel room is peace of mind and accountability. The hotel is accountable if something happens to me. Why? Because I’m their core business, the guest.

Nonqaba waka Msimang

Blogger Without Borders

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Einstein Passengers