Lotto Please God Gamblers


Gambling is for fun, not for paying bills. America has Wall Street where they play tennis with numbers, that affect the whole world, sell whole islands without their knowledge and make some men rich, because certain Senators, had inside information about COVID-19 and bought shares in vaccines.

Canada has Bay Street in Toronto. You can’t get lost because it has a subway station, which brings me to small-time gamblers. The internet has no sense of humor. What do you mean? It is full of stand-up comedians.

I mean it took away the fun I had at shopping malls, watching people play the Lotto. I think it’s called Sweepstakes across the border. They stood in long lines, waiting to play the numbers. Others would be on the side  furiously scratching, shiny scratch-and-win cards. They knew they’ll never win, which explains the fury.

Long lines are gone.  My stand-up comedian show was canceled because petty gamblers try their luck on cellphones now. I’ve always known that money has no value, but seeing stockbrokers waiting in line to buy Lotto tickets at a Bay Street mall confirmed it.

You live in Toronto Ontario, so you know Bay Street is the guess box, where they trade stocks and bonds. To me, the Stock Exchange is a guessing game about oil prices going up and down or outcome of the California fruit crop, even before they throw seeds in the ground. 

I had this wrong perception that everybody who works on Bay Street is connected to the money guessing box. That’s why I was surprised at the long lines waiting to play the Lotto.

By: Nonqaba waka Msimang.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Einstein Passengers