Seafood Pasta


Does a fish called tuna really exist? It’s one of the food items I picked up when I was in college in the Big Apple, together with tuna melt, bagels and creme cheese and a monstrosity, called a club sandwich.

I didn’t like it. Tuna is too dry for my liking and what’s up with all the water in the can? Ignorant me. I didn’t know there’s a tuna steak until I saw it at a supermarket around here. And the price! Why is it so expensive?

Never mind. Two years ago I came across canned tuna that I like. It has olive oil, a little pricey but better than the $1 dry tuna. Try it with pasta.

RECIPE

1. Boil pasta in salted water until al dente, 12 minutes max. Pardon my Italian. Drain and leave to cool.

2. Toss onions, small tomato, in garlic and olive oil for 6 minutes.

3. Add a spoon of spaghetti sauce and red or green chilies. Cook for 2 minutes.

4. Throw pasta in the pot. Fold in a spoon of low fat margarine.

5. Throw in some grated cheddar cheese.

6. Switch off heat but leave on stove to let cheese melt.

7. Add canned tuna and leave on stove for 5 minutes.

8. Eat with a green salad.

Option 2 (if you like lots of cheese)

Empty the tuna pasta in a casserole dish. Blanket it with grated cheddar and slide in the oven. Bake at 340 for 15m.

By: Nonqaba waka Msimang.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Einstein Passengers