Funny Valentines A Movie

Photo Credit: online pic.

Movie: Funny Valentines

Director: Julie Dash

It’s just a movie but the characters are like termites, lunching on my brain every awake moment. It’s just a movie but ….. but:

1. Can you love someone for 30 years?

2. My kind of story. Not a single plastic Hollywood I love you declaration, but love permeates the whole movie, making me delirious s every time I recall how he looks at her.

3. Cousins that are sisters. Whole town knows, but not the two women.

4. Mental illness not detected because the other cousin/sister is rich.

5. Kids that realize that there’s no love between mom and dad.

6. Cousins who can buy anything but are extremely unhappy. Or is it sisters?

7. Money. What is the value? Who determines value?

8. Vietnam vets. What happened over there? Nobody asks. Vets never tell.

9. Rich New York kids who don’t respect mom because she’s always been pitiful, never stood up for herself to challenge rich, unfaithful dad.

10. The south. America. I’m still scared of ‘the south’ because I was born in apartheid South Africa.

By: Nonqaba waka Msimang.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Einstein Passengers