Take Out Food and Tired Lettuce

Farmers' Markets have fresh potatoes during the summer. Sometimes I make 
my own fries, but they're not French, more Canadian, I guess.

The 2020 pandemic put us on lock down, but not our stomachs. That’s why we went online or called restaurants for take out. Credit card companies loved it because we maxed that plastic.

But there was a problem with tired lettuce. It’s cheating. Food places know I’ll be mad when I come across withered lettuce that says, it’s been a long day, but I cannot return it. Just think of the hustle of trying to do that.

Another thing, tired lettuce doesn’t jump at you because it’s hidden under cucumbers and tomato slices. Some people eat the salad after a few bites of the main food. Others start with the salad. For me it’s French fries because they are a treat. I seldom eat them because they are not necessary for my body.

Which brings me to the order that comes with fries. Some restaurants hide hardened criminal fries under perky ones. It’s no mistake. They know we won’t call and complain about the criminals. Two summers ago, a new eating complex opened across the mall. I hadn’t had fries in a long time so I ordered a burger for take out. I get home and it was more hardened criminals than perky fries.

I never went back to that food bar because the guy who served me looked at me, and decided I don’t deserve fresh fries I paid for.

By: Nonqaba waka Msimang.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Einstein Passengers