Pyjamas With Pockets


It’s official. I’m losing it. I just discovered this morning that my two favourite P.J’s have pockets. What makes me think I’m going bonkers is not knowing about it for almost two years. I wash, dry, fold and put them away. How could I not know?

On second thought, I’m not the crazy one. It’s the designer that gave the factory the blueprint. Put pockets in the P.J.’s. How does this work? Am I supposed to put my hands in the P.J.s while I’m asleep? Is  it when l have a bad dream with some fool robbing me with a toy gun? I put my hands in my P.J.s and fish out ten, $5 000 dollar bills I carry around as small change, and give them to him? It reminds me of grandma’s grandchildren, mostly boys (we are a family of more boys than girls). They’ll have a bath, wear ‘church clothes’ then strut around, hands in their pants. Grandma used to have a fit, asking them where they learned to behave like thugs.

Why do men put hands in their pockets? No, there’s no money in there because they use credit cards. It’s a power thing. When you enter a room, you know who is charge. Subordinates clutch files and listen attentively to one man leaning against a desk with hands in his pockets.

But why pockets in P.J.’s? Because I bought my two favourite P.J.’s from men’s clothing stores. They have the best fabric in shirts, P.J.s and track suits. I took that route because I cannot find decent women’s P.J.’s. Sometimes it’s hard being a woman. They make P.J’s that look like clouds or the willow tree. A ‘wise’ man once told me it’s because women are not supposed to wear them. It restricts accessibility. Talk about a one-track mind. Men.

Nonqaba waka Msimang

Blogger Without Borders

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Einstein Passengers