Tattoos Erase Icon

Amber Rose, social media personality who lives in L.A.
Photo credit: online pic.

No. I will not take the time to tattoo myself. My skin is already beautiful, colourful. Tattoos also don’t have a delete button. They are not like kids in rural areas. They play at home, on the bare ground. They draw lines and circles, skip and throw stones. They delete them with their feet after games.

How do they delete tattoos? We throw away things. It’s part of life. We use the ‘paint’ tool to do all kinds of things to digital images. We erase them if we change our minds. Wounds heal, leave a scar and it disappears over time. Hearts are broken but they heal. A tattoo might be a celebration of love today, but a liability when love evaporates.

I’m also scared of needles. They use needles to make tattoos don’t they? I might be poor but I’m free as a blue jay. I don’t like being confined in a chair. The dentist is an exception. I’m there to service my teeth, like taking the car in for a tune up.

Therefore, siting on a chair voluntarily and let someone use needles on my arm, is not an option. But I must admit tattoo experts are a brave lot because some people have tattoos on shady parts of the body.

Where do you want the tattoo maa’m?

Here. Right here.

Ouch! The things we do in the call of duty!

By: Nonqaba waka Msimang. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Einstein Passengers