Not in United States of America

Democrats cannot afford to underestimate this factor in the '22 Midterms.

When I was still on Twitter, I posted my rudimentary mathematics. I added up a series of events plus Trump’s rhetoric during the 2020 presidential election. The total indicated that he might not leave the White House gracefully.

The ‘might’ turned into ‘will not’ when he questioned the State of Georgia’s result, where he lost. That was not all. He attempted election fraud when he told Brad Raffensperger, Georgia Secretary of State to  give him 11,780 votes so that he could win. Where was he supposed to find them? He doesn’t have a magic wand.

Are you for real?

Probably, that is how kids put it. Not in the United States of America, which is revered for democracy, despite its flaws. But it has checks and balances that see presidents come and go.

Votes were counted. Trump lost. He cried foul. He did not concede. That sealed it for me. It confirmed my rudimentary math. I tweeted that Trump will not exit gracefully, but it never occurred to me that it will result in the January 6 attempted coup. Not in the United States of America.

By: Nonqaba waka Msimang.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Einstein Passengers