Djokovic and My Visit to Serbia

Djokovic, Canada doesn't play when it comes to vaccination.
 Toronto Raptors moved to Tampa, Florida in 2020 because of it.

Novak Djokovic, the tennis champion is very secretive. He has a personal agenda for not getting vaccinated against COVID-19, which is not painful at all. Take my word for it. His lips are sealed, despite the fact that he has tested positive for the virus.

In the meantime, I’m off the Serbia this summer, to visit Belgrade, which I first encountered in history lessons. My interest in this European country peaked when Djokovic took Australia to court, for telling him to vaccinate if he wants to play in the ‘22 Australian Open.

Any visit to another country requires some paper work, which means I need a visa for Serbia because I’m not a Russian citizen. As Djokovic knows, Russia and his country Serbia have a visa-free agreement.

I haven’t packed my bags yet because of a minor detail. My passport has expired. I have not renewed it. Blame it on the pandemic, which deflated all kinds of movement, including travel.

On second thought, I won’t renew it because Novak Djokovic has set a precedent. I do not have to follow travel requirements of any country, which includes being fully vaccinated against COVID-19.

The Serbian government’s website says entry will be denied “ …. if he/she does not have the certificate of vaccination or other proof of good health when arriving from areas affected by an epidemic of infectious diseases ….”

That word epidemic includes COVID-19. That is what WHO says. Novak Djokovic says he is exempt from the fuss. That is why he wanted to flaunt Australia’s travel requirements. I will follow suit, and crash land on Serbia without a visa and euros I need for my stay in Belgrade.

If Djokovic plays in the ‘22 U.S. Open and Montreal, therefore, travel and health requirements must be suspended, for all of us.

By: Nonqaba waka Msimang.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Einstein Passengers