Raptors' Fans Watching Play Offs


We’re not in the NBA Play Offs but it’s all good, gave Toronto Raptors some time to fix broken doors and replace cracked window panes. The house will be bullet proof next season, and you better believe it.

Now that Raptors are on leave, our love is on loan. We divert it to distant cousins that are still live, battling free throws. It looks so easy from the vantage point of a comfortable home couch, but very nerve-wrecking for real players facing stadiums full or either adoring fans or hostile like Bulls’ player, Demar DeRozan’s daughter.

So Raptors fans, who are your distant cousins in these Play Offs? I’m an open book because of previous posts. It’s Miami Heat and Phoenix Suns for me. Miami Heat coach Erik Spoelstra - a permanent tenant at the Play Offs - works for me. I cringe at the thought of living in Miami, with all the heat and after midnight scary things they do to women, but I wouldn’t mind watching ‘Spo’ giving Jimmy Butler and Bam Adebayo some coaching tips.

Phoenix Suns is my other distant cousin. Thank god for COVID-19. That’s how I discovered them. Coach Monty Williams broke all records, in a pandemic! Where is Phoenix anyway? I was never good in Geography in school.

As for New York Knicks, I cannot associate with them although I went to a Journalism School in New York. I’ll leave that madness to ESPN broadcaster, Stephen A. Smith. Must he be so spot on with his guess work?

By: Nonqaba waka Msimang.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Einstein Passengers