Changing Bottles and Soap Labels


Juice shopping. I can’t find my favourite brand. No problem. I’ll take another one on the store shelf, provided the price is the same.

Consumers are the tail. Companies that make the things we buy are the head, so they are in a better position to say why they change food and soap labels. I’m using soap as the generic for all products on store shelves.

Changing their labels is risky because I have many options if I cannot find my usual product. Guess what? It’s right there but I don’t see it because it has a new label. I’m just a consumer but I think they change labels to increase sales.

But how is that possible when they change the label completely, colour and font? What do I know? Not a lot, but I know the basics. The aim is to:

1. Retain present customers that know the label’s colour and graphics.

2. Attract new customers without losing the tried and faithful.

Time. They want to change a product label. Fine. It’s their prerogative but do they consider the time factor? Time is a dwindling resource, like clean air. Consumers don’t have time to comb store aisles looking for wandering labels. 

We’re busy online. We do drive-by shopping so that we can rush  home to our real world: the laptop. Sure, the phone is the mobile laptop, but there are things that need a bigger screen, favourite chair and desk. Think about that every time you want to change product labels.

By: Nonqaba waka Msimang.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Einstein Passengers