Phone Cases Bad Investment


Investing is common sense and I’m an expert because I don’t invest in pork bellies or microwave ovens. Why not? The world is on diet, which makes pork a swear word. Secondly, we eat more take-out food than warming leftovers in the microwave, so there.

If I had money to burn, I would l tell my investment broker not to hook me up with manufacturers of cellphone covers. It would be suicide because there would be no return on my investment. Why? The actual size and shape of cellphones changes constantly.

It’s fun watching Motorola, Samsung, Sony, LG, Huawei, Google and the whole fraternity copying each other. I didn’t mention the iPhone because I’ve never had one. Manufacturer A makes a phone, copycats follow. Manufacturer A likes playing hide and seek and flips the script, changes what he created.

Copycats change midfield and chase his new invention. There’s a new cover/case for every new phone, so I can’t invest in something that doesn’t mature. It’s not like old school VCR which was the standard for recording videos and playback. Even home videos in your video library at home, could be played in any part of the world.

Unless I’m missing something. Is it possible that cellphone manufacturers also own factories that make phone covers/cases? You bet it is. Capitalism believes in owning the total package: the land where cattle graze, workers, the abattoir and hamburger joints everywhere, including Russia.

Quiz: How many cellphone covers have you owned in your life?

By: Nonqaba waka Msimang.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Einstein Passengers