Noise Reduction Cellphones No Thanks


Let me hear the noise. I want to hear those stubborn birds tweeting outside the window, waking me up as if I don’t have an alarm clock in my phone. They even make that ruckus when it’s snowing. Can you believe it?

Technology supposes many things. I dabble in words and technology thinks I made a mistake by repeating a phrase. It doesn’t know that I’m tap dancing with words like Georgia pastor and Senator Ralph Warnock, like Stephen A. Smith, the architect of broadcast sports commentary and ‘Coach Prime’ Deoin Sanders, the NFL coach we know.

Let me hear the noise. I already know about Einstein and Beethoven taught in your schools. Let me hear the noise about my own. Noise canceling headphones presuppose I want to shut out all noise, headphones manufacturers assume its noise. What’s noise to you is music to me. What is irritation to you, is a soothing balm to my soul.

Let me hear the unofficial flirting in the oven, as meat flirts with vegetables in the casserole. Let me hear the noise of the refrigerator before the landlord cuts the electricity because of unpaid bills. Let me hear the neighbors throwing chairs at each other because the husband has not touched the wife for three months, while caressing the landlord’s wife for six months.

I don’t want noise canceling headphones because noise is life. We are all dead, when there’s no noise.

By: Nonqaba waka Msimang 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Einstein Passengers