Father's Day Men Confused

Men and women how to behave? Depends on the situation.

Some kids will spend Father’s Day with their dads virtually, as in long distance. For example, they will be in front of a laptop in Chicago, and dad in front of his, in California.

Lucky kids will spend it with their dads shooting hoops, watching baseball on television, playing darts, making sushi, licking ice-cream, cycling or lighting the BBQ pit. However, close proximity doesn’t guarantee quality time. Dads might be glued to their phones.

Responsible fathers are not on the phone, but next to their kids, let’s say boys, answering questions.

Dad, should I open the car door for my girlfriend?

The father smiles with relief. At least it wasn’t about the colors of protection devices used in the act. But he still cannot answer the son’s question because he is confused himself.

Men think women don’t know what they want. Women think men don’t know what they want. Should they open car doors? Why, don’t I have hands? It reminds me of a friend who came into the room, mad as hell. Her boyfriend was happy to see her, picked her up and swirled her around.

I must admit I was one of those that thought the action was very cute and romantic, so we all fell silent when she said she screamed at him: ‘Put me down.’ She kept emphasizing that: ‘Put me down.’

If women are confused, it must be worse for men. They might do things women deem sexist, because they were done in Victorian England. For example, men helped women into carriages because they wore cumbersome clothing, befitting of ‘ladies.’

Dad, should I open the car door for my girlfriend?

Is it your car or hers?

Wise dad.

By: Nonqaba waka Msimang.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Einstein Passengers