No Sauce Pasta Recipe

Run out of pasta sauce? No problem. Cook onion, 2mato and chilies in olivoil for 6m. 
Mix with boiled spaghetti.

I find that pasta sauce overpowers pasta like spaghetti, macaroni and fusilli. That’s why I add a little bit now, depending on how much I’m cooking.  My dad, who introduced us to spaghetti, never used pasta sauce. He worked at a place which had a grocery warehouse for staff. We used to take the bus to Montclair to shop for dry goods.

Dad boiled spaghetti in salted water and drained it. He would cook ground beef in vegetable oil with tomatoes and onions. He added a little chilies because we were scared of it. U-ya-baba” (it’s hot).

That’s how I made the blog photo. No sauce. Just made a ring of honor with steamed pumpkin. Boil it if you don’t have a steamer.

Nonqaba waka Msimang

Executive Blogger

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Einstein Passengers