Admit I Don't Know

Marjorie Taylor Greene, Republican Party congresswoman who believes
 she knows everything, hence the continuous embarrassment.

 "I don’t know."

"Congressman, never say that in public (says the image consultant)."

It’s a very difficult admission. Few human beings broadcast it. Maybe we think family and friends will think less of us. We don’t realize that the admission might lead to an explanation, by someone who has the inside story on what is being discussed. I’m very fast with the admission, because I don’t want to look foolish and say Mount Kenya is in Switzerland, just because there is snow on top.

You’ll never hear I DON’T KNOW coming out of a Minister’s or President’s mouth. Imagine the headlines, when the politician was being honest for a change. What politicians do is spin the English language, create non-existent potholes and water puddles, just to confuse the media. I should know. I used to be a government speech writer. I write screenplays now.

I don’t know, is very empowering, not for you, but the person who is filling your potholes with information. They enjoy the rapt attention and relevant questions. The admission shows we are human. We are not perfect. We cannot know everything. Mothers know everything from the delivery after nine months, the feeding, the burping, the teething, the crawling and everything that leads to a healthy human being, let’s say 16-18 years. After that, parents’ knowledge diminishes once teenagers fly away, courtesy of their cellphones.

How about war? It must be traumatic for young soldiers. They cannot say I don’t know why I’m here, fighting Ukrainians or fighting Russians. Sweden wants to join World War 3, and the youth doesn’t understand why they must kill their followers on Instagram, Face, Tik Tok, YouTube and other social media playgrounds.

I don’t know.

Nonqaba waka Msimang

Executive blogger

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Einstein Passengers