A Toothbrush For Christmas


Toothbrushes for Christmas will make unique gifts and brighter smiles, but there’s a problem. Family and friends won’t jump for joy if they visit the dentist annually. They should have a stack of them, still wrapped up in their casements, gifts from the dentist, the toothbrush Santa Claus.

Why is it the same brand? I’ve never received a different brand. I suspect that toothbrush manufacturer has an arrangement with global dentists. It gets free advertising. What do dentists get in return, free fluoride? No, I don’t think so.

Anyway, dentists are very generous with toothbrushes but they won’t give you free floss, which I would prefer because it goes to the root of the matter, literally. I also buy toothbrushes because I cannot resist a bargain. If the price is one dollar, I’m in. They also sell them in packs of two or four.

What do I do with them? I parcel them out. There are two toothbrushes in the emergency bag, in case of hurricanes, fire or floods. I have one in the everyday handbag, computer bag and in a small travel bag. You don’t want to know how many I have in the bathroom cabinet.

Dentists have an ulterior motive for dishing out free toothbrushes. They want us to brush, but why do stores sell them for a dollar or two? Have we stopped brushing? I blame masks.

By: Nonqaba waka Msimang. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Einstein Passengers