What is in Your Wallet's Bedrooms?


Wallets have the zipper for coins, drawers for dollars or any paper money and debit/credit card caves, usually ten.

Wallets also have bedrooms where we keep receipts from the chemist, business cards and other miscellaneous paper. Mama used to do spring cleaning in all seasons, not just spring. I did spring cleaning on the wallet recently. Why do I keep these things? Examples.

1. Receipt from the post office: the parcel landed safely and the person called me from the other side of the globe to confirm delivery, a year ago.

2. Old business cards: I still have my manager’s business card, but she’s an ex now because I no longer work there. Correction, the establishment shut down. They are tearing down the building as we speak. Besides, I have her phone number.

3. Printing card: I bought a copy card for photocopying and printing. You load $5, $10 or any other amount. Why am I keeping it? The printing shop at the mall did not survive the pandemic. It closed in 2020. I saw construction workers buffing the floor three weeks ago.

4. Doctor’s appointment cards: Why am I keeping all of them? I only need one, in case something unscheduled happens to me.

5. Banks: I’m no longer using this bank so why am I keeping cards from their service reps?

I can’t go on. Now you know why my wallet is bulky. Junk.

By: Nonqaba waka Msimang.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Einstein Passengers