Marketing Stand-Alone Cameras

Photo credit, online pic.

Which countries make a lot of cameras? Japan and Germany I guess, but sales will go up if more people understood camera language. There are lots of numbers and capital letters e.g. XS 99200, which tell you when it was made. There are more numbers on the lens as you rotate it.

This mathematics and alphabet mean something. It is about how to drive the camera, automatic or manual transmission. Well! It is automatic transmission in digital cameras.

I have a cellphone like the rest of the world, but what if I win the Lotto and want to buy a stand-alone camera? I’ll go online and do camera shopping but I don’t understand the mathematics and alphabet.

I was first introduced to it at Columbia University Journalism School. Great programme. You want to be a journalist? Then you better know everything needed to collect information for the story. That’s why we had a Photography class.

My first camera was a Nikon, but I can’t remember the numbers and alphabet. I learned the hard way that they are important. I would drop off the film at the drugstore only to be disappointed when I went back for pick up. Nothing. Black. No images.

I suppose digital is better now, but camera makers in Japan, Germany, China wherever, please listen up. You’ll sell more stand-alone cameras if you develop a ‘user friendly’ model, without the mathematics and alphabet. We are not all camera nerds.

By: Nonqaba waka Msimang. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Einstein Passengers