Zero Calories

Drugstores sell beer? What next will you find on shelves, alcohol free vodka?

It's not food if it is zero calories. We only live once. 
We need food for energy. Doctors want us to eat before taking prescribed medication. Food becomes a problem only, when we overdo it like parents on welfare that don’t cook and take kids to the hamburger joint for two meals a day or 24/7 hackers that live on take-out pizza.

Suicidal food is bad for us but we enjoy it, and enjoy is the operative word. That is why I don’t buy zero anything. I did try 0% milk but I couldn’t go beyond the introductory 2Liters. It is not milk now, is it? Full cream is bad for me. It will clog the arteries and blood will see stop signs wherever it is trying to go, but give me a break. I don’t use it everyday.

We are more health conscious now than we were in the last century, but must they siphon off every taste in food? Please bring back the joy of cooking.

I wuz robbed last week. Definitely. I ran out of olive oil, so I picked up a bottle from the grocery store. I used it a day later and it was clear, not yellow/green like its parents, olives. What happened? I looked at the label. It said ‘extra light’. It means some food police actually lobbied for this.

The food police should hold it right there. We know food that is bad for us. That’s why we eat it on special occasions or to relax. Putting zero%  or ‘extra light’ on everything we eat will drive us to drink. Whisky, brandy, vodka and ouzo drinkers do not approach the bar and say.

“Double zero% scotch on the rocks please.”

By: Nonqaba waka Msimang.

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Einstein Passengers