Colours of my Masks

These are masks, not handbags.

I still wear a mask in public places because I don’t know what is happening. Maybe the guy behind me is a Novak Djokovic, the tennis world champion. He tested positive for COVID-19 but does not want vaccination.

The mask also helps because some folks just don’t like bathing, even with two bathrooms in the house. Health restrictions have decreased and we are back to work but there are no confessions. Djokovic think-alike do not own up, thus putting the vaccinated majority in danger.

I wear a mask in public places because I’m still waiting for a call from Dr. Theresa Tam, Canada’s Chief Public Health Officer to tell me that the pandemic is over, the virus was not only cremated, but the ashes were thrown in the sea as well.

I wear a mask in public places because the local bakery is making money hand over fist as usual, and all the assistants wear masks. Good idea. I think they realize customers waiting in line do not.

I wear a mask in public places because the bus still ‘recommends’ it. It’s just a recommendation so we ignore it. I’ll stick to my collection of masks because I don’t believe that something as dangerous like COVID-19 can get off the bus just like that.

By: Nonqaba waka Msimang.

 

 

  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Einstein Passengers