Year 2022 is Simply '22

Have we done anything new in 2022? Zero. I must think outside the box.

The year ‘22 is forcing me to upgrade myself. How? Tik Tok. I think I can tik and tok pretty well, although I don’t have any dance skills.

That’s right. The digital landscape doesn’t sleep. Digital roads, cars, trains and planes change all the time, while I’m asleep. Excuse me, I need some shut-eye.

It is not acceptable to continue my fog-like existence online. Interested parties cannot find me because I’m only on one highway. What’s wrong with that? How many Autobahns am I supposed to use?

 I tried Facebook, or should I say I was forced to sign up. I wanted to write a book. I didn’t have an agent, which meant no publisher. Friends and family said who needs them? Self publish and sell it online. Never listen to friends and family.

Mama was a stickler for cleanliness, always doing spring cleaning even in winter. Years passed.  I took a broom and soap, cleaned up reasons why I was on Facebook. Strange people found me. They demanded things that are unprintable. So I said au revoir pardon my French, and shut down the account.

We’re in ‘22, a new year. The digital landscape is in constant motion as we said in the lead paragraph. I must adapt. If YouTube, the video emperor can re-invent itself, who am I not to broaden my presence on social media? It invented YouTube Shorts because of Tik Tok competition.

No, ‘22 or not, I won’t board all social media Autobahns because there are only 24 hours in a day. There are other things to attend to, like washing my face, dishes, sheets and clothes, and waiting for traffic lights to change from amber to green.

By: Nonqaba waka Msimang.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Einstein Passengers