Zulu 7 - Write

Bhala (write) is pronounced as in Banff, Banff Film Festival.

ZULU
ENGLISH
Wenzani?
What are you doing?
Ngiyabhala.
I’m writing.
Ubhalani?
What are you writing?
Ngibhala i-report.
I’m writing a report.
Ubhalela bani?
Who are you writing for?
Ngibhalela wena.
I’m writing it for you.
Bhala.
Write.
Bhala mabhalane!
Write o’clerk!
Bhala phansi.
Write it down.
Bhala i-email.
Write an e-mail.
Ubhalela bani?
Who are you writing to?
Ngibhalela udadewethu.
I’m writing to my sister.
Ubhala kahle.
She/he writes well.
Akakwazi ukubhala.
She/he can’t write.
Ngifunda ukubhala.
I’m learning how to write.

 
SAMPLE CONVERSATION

MANAGER:  Wenzani?

OFFICE WORKER:  Ngibhala i-report.

MANAGER:  Ubhalela bani?

OFFICE WORKER:  Ngibhalela wena.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Organic Brussels Sprouts