Zulu 10 - Watch Soccer

'buka’ is to look like looking at your self in the mirror, or watching World Cup in Brazil soon.

ZULU
ENGLISH
Buka Ma!
Look Ma!
Buka Ma angibambelele!
Look Ma no hands! (riding a bike)
Ngiyazibuka.
I’m looking at myself.
Ngiyazibuka esibukweni.
I’m looking at myself in the mirror.
Isibuko.
Mirror.
Ubuso.
Face.
Benzani? (they, many people)
What are they doing?
Babuka ibhola.
They are watching soccer.
Benzani?
What are they doing?
Babuka  i-Knicks.
They are watching a Knicks game.
Nenzani? (you, many people)
What are you doing?
Sibuka i-cricket.
We are watching cricket.
Nenzani? (you, many people)
What are you doing?
Sibuka i-TV.
We are watching television.
Bukani kahle. (many people)
Look carefully.
Ungibukani?
Why are you looking at me?
Ngibuka ubuhle.
I’m looking at beauty.
Uyabukeka.
She’s easy on the eyes.  She’s beautiful.
Ubuka bani?
Who are you looking at?
Ngibuka udadewethu.
I’m looking at my sister.
Ngibuka umfowethu.
I’m looking at my brother.
Ubukisa ngami.
You are making people look at me.  You are putting me in a negative light.

Exercise:  Ask each other questions about ‘buka’.



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Organic Brussels Sprouts