Winter Coats and Lockdown Sizes


This winter is going to be very expensive. Why? We need to buy new coats because the ones we have do not fit anymore.

Why again? There is a pandemic and the subsequent 2020 lockdown, made us homing pigeons. Home all day to eat, drink and eat again. Supermarkets made a killing on food.

This led to generous portions on our plates and snack time was every 30 minutes. The result is a little expansion on our arms and the tummy area. As for pants, zippers refuse to go up.

Preliminary audit.  Which coats and jackets still fit? Once you’ve determined that, take your maInourished credit card for a walk. I know you are an online shopper, but you must visit the shopping mall for a new coat so that you can try it on.

Online bargains can be frustrating because of the cut. You ordered Size 14, but the coat refuses to go up your arm. I don’t know why some jackets are straight. Do factories think the arm is straight like a long broom handle? The arm nearer the shoulder is bigger than the arm next to the hand.

Back to the audit. The painful result is that I now have a lockdown size, or should I say sizes? Two jackets escaped. They still fit thanks to my habit of buying an extra size. I like jackets and coats to be ‘roomy’ to accommodate layers. I live in a  country that demands layers in winter.

Admission of guilt. I over-indulged during lockdown, now I must pay the price, buy new winter coats.

By: Nonqaba waka Msimang.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Einstein Passengers