Bloggers and Fresh Content

Bloggers know the feeling.

I had this great blog idea, but what is it? I had it, not long ago, just this morning, but I can’t remember. Was it about kids who have never travelled by train? No. Was it about bitcoin? No, I don’t even know what that is.

To avoid frustration, bloggers write down story ideas. My phone is handy because I make notes on the calendar and it sends me reminders. I can also use TASKS on my phone. I’m photographer, so I send photos to my email, not all of them, only those that will support blog content.

Sometimes story ideas come in awkward situations where I cannot use the phone, so I usually scramble for a pen and write the idea on my hand.

We have all the time in the world because of our situation (the global COVID-19 thing), so I visited storage: boxes, old handbags, travel bags, computer bags etcetera and guess what I found? An old exercise book!

Great excitement because I use it to write down blog ideas, Twitter feeds, photography and other work in progress. I use the back of the exercise book to make research notes for unfinished blogs because I don’t have the correct geographical, historical or statistical data.

The exercise book has become my computer’s personal assistant. I jot down anything that comes to mind when I’m online. Yoruba movies have interesting proverbs for example: no matter how much a farmer loves his chicken, he cannot stop it from being a meal.’ I write them down for Twitter feeds.

To cut a long story short, this old exercise book has become an MVP (Most Valuable Player) in my blogging activities. The bad news is that I don’t know how to write anymore, write, as in use a pen and paper. My handwriting is atrocious. It was never like this. I blame computers and all things digital. Who writes anymore? We click, scroll and swipe.

Get an education said our parents. Learn how to read and write. But dad, handwriting is so old school, says Johnny Be Good.  

By: Nonqaba waka Msimang.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Einstein Passengers