i-Nonqaba as in i-Pad


 I’m changing my name.  How about i-Nonqaba? I don’t know how long it will take to do a legal search to make sure that such a name doesn’t belong to another individual already.

i-nonqaba will complement my i-car

i-nonqaba will complement my i-TV

i-nonqaba will complement my i-phone

i-nonqaba will complement my i-computer

i-nonqaba will complement my i-desk

i-nonqaba will complement my i-dog/i-cat/i-tiger

Bad Idea

Maybe not!  My grandfather named me Nonqaba because of what happened between my parents.  Like most children born in the continent Africa, my name means something.  I am part of family history so I cannot divorce myself and drift into i-dom as in i-Nonqaba. 

How about identification documents?  I’ll have to change my driver’s licence, social security number, you name it.  There are advantages though.  The taxman and hostile banks will look for me high and low.  Call me the Scarlet Pimpernel.

Nonqaba waka Msimang is the author of Sweetness the novel.

www.amazon.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Organic Brussels Sprouts