Wireless Date


Bob: Thanks for coming. I haven’t seen you since the new year’s eve bash.
Bobette: No problem. I had nothing to do this evening.
Bob: It’s a new year, so I wanted us to talk.
Bobette: (scrolling down her phone) Bad reception. I can’t check my messages.
Bob: This is a special restaurant. That’s why I brought you here, to catch up, talk, you know.
Bobette: What’s s so special about it if I cant get online? (takes a selfie).
Bob: I was hoping we could talk about this year, a twin year.
Bobette: Twin year?
Bob: Yeah! You know 20-20 me and you.
Bobette: Waiter!
Waiter: Ready to order maam?
Bobette: I can’t get online.
Waiter: I thought you knew maam.
Bob: It’s o.k. dude let me handle this.
Bobette: Handle what?
Bob: You can’t get online.
Bobette: That’s impossible. Can’t get online! So, you are a stand-up comedian?
Bob: I kid you not. This is a no wi-fi restaurant. Look around you.
Bobette: Boring folks. None of them on their phones.
Bob: That’s right. I made a reservation because of the demand.
Bobette: Demand for what?
Bob: Folks want to talk sometimes without distraction.
Bobette: What distraction?
Bob: Selfies, Google, social media, that scene.
Bobette: You are serious aren’t you? Wi-fi free restaurant?
Bob: That’s right.
Bobette: (closes her cellphone cover) You think there is life without wi-fi?
Bob: Yeah. We are humans we need to talk, like real talk.
Bobette: Bye Robert.
Bob: How do you know my full name?
Bobette: I Googled it, stupid.

By: Nonqaba waka Msimang.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Einstein Passengers