To Feel Cold in Zulu

To feel cold is go-do-la in Zulu.

Please note the following:

·         Kuyabanda, meaning it’s cold.

·         Ngiyagodola, meaning I feel cold.
This post is about feeling cold. Canada is notorious for the cold weather and it’s difficult to make people in Africa understand that -19 is not bad.  It’s the wind that aggravates matters.  They cannot relate to the cold.  They take out leather jackets from closets, when they see a few raindrops.
Go-do-la. You say the first part like gondola, the second like door and the last one like lass.

ZULU
ENGLISH
Ngi-ya-go-do-la.
I feel cold.
Ba-ya-go-do-la e-Moscow.
They feel cold in Moscow.
Ba-ya-go-do-la e-Greenland.
They feel cold in Greenland.
Ba-sa u-mli-lo.  Si-ya-go-do-la.
Make a fire. We feel cold.
Ba-fa-ke a-ma-jersey ngo-ba ba-ya-go-do-la.
They are wearing sweaters because they are cold.
Si-fa-ke a-ma long Johns ngo-ba si-ya-go-do-la.
We are wearing long Johns because we are cold.
I-nga-ne i-ya-go-do-la.
The child is feeling cold.
Vlad va-la i-fa-si-te-la ngi-ya-go-do-la.
Vlad, close the window I feel cold.
Maria, vu-la i-heater ngi-ya-go-do-la.
Maria, switch on the heater.  I feel cold.
Ngi-ce-la i-ti-ye ngi-ya-go-do-la.
May I have some tea please?  I’m cold.
By:  Nonqaba waka Msimang.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Internet Manners