Love and Bank PINS

What's your PIN darling?

One bank sent me another reminder that I should not share my PIN with anyone. I used to think that is common sense, until I overheard a conversation in a public washroom, of all places.

The cleaning lady pushed her mop while telling her friend how her lover cleaned out her bank account. She gave him her card and PIN, then vanished. The friend was mad, but the cleaning lady said, he said he loved her.

I wanted to say she deserved it but then thought about those 3 little Hollywood words: ‘I love you.’ They always win over common sense in a wrestling match.

Those three little words contribute to love fraudsters. People meet online. They fall in love. Personal information is exchanged, which leads to banking information. Once an online stranger says I love you, he/she can make you sell your mother.

The bank that sent me this reminder likened the PIN to the front door key. ‘You won’t give your key to somebody so they can get in and take what they want, right?’

Yes we do, if we are in love like that cleaning lady. When lovers empty our bank accounts, we march to the bank to complain but we don’t volunteer that crucial piece of information: we gave our PIN to someone else.

By: Nonqaba waka Msimang.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Einstein Passengers