No Google Kids Please

Winnipeg, Canada Day celebration, B4 Covid-19.

What would you like for Christmas?

I prefer ‘like’ to ‘want’ because we cannot always get what we want. Farmers want rain, but nature has its own agenda, which might be drought.

I’m dreaming of a white Christmas. No! I don’t agree with the song. I’m dreaming of a recycling Christmas where I’m one or two years old again.

It will remove cobwebs from my brain. There’s a problem. I’ll try and solve it this way. Kids that age do it all the time. One woman tried to get her one-year old of the breast to no avail. She resorted to applying something on them.

The son went to the mother and helped himself. He tasted something bitter. He went to the bathroom, rolled out some tissue, came back, wiped them and ate happily ever after. The women in the room looked at each other with shock, then delayed laughter. If I hadn’t been one of them, I wouldn’t have believed it.

I would like to be recycled to a toddler for Christmas so that I can be sharp like them. They have on-the-spot decision making skills, unlike me. I mull over things. I shelve problems if I cannot fix them and they don’t mind. It buys them time to balloon out of proportion.

The internet has made it worse. When was the last Canadian federal election? I go online to find the answer because I have culled the brain. Bad as it is, the internet has all kinds of videos with kids solving their problems.

This post was inspired by a re-tweet from one of my followers. The kid wanted to open the door but he’s too short. He tried to pick up the family cat so that it could do a ‘paw open’ so to speak. Cat is too heavy. Cat read his mind and jumped on the handle.

I would like to be recycled to a toddler, despite the disdain we have for kids. ‘Stop acting like a child,’ we chide somebody who’s acting up. We don’t seem to realize that kids cry or act up because they don’t understand how we cannot solve a simple problem. They are wet. They need to be changed.

This is another ‘written podcast’ from Nonqaba waka Msimang.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Einstein Passengers