No Socks For Christmas Please


I know that stores make good money selling socks, because they are one of the popular, last minute Christmas gift ideas.   I don’t want them. 

If engaged people can tell guests, through bridal registries to buy wedding gifts from stores like Nordstrom, Harrods or Tiffany, I don’t see why I can’t have a list of things I don’t want for Christmas.  Is there a bridal registry in Dollarama? 

You have a pretty good idea about how loved ones, friends and colleagues don’t love you as much as you love them, but you don’t want to receive gifts that confirm it. 

·         Christmas socks, gloves, dishcloths or anything with Santa Claus on it.

·         Box of Ferrero Rocher chocolates you bought while waiting in line for the cashier at the drugstore/chemist.

·         Morning slippers.  It doesn’t matter whether they are from Walmart or Holt Renfrew.

·         Box of an assortment of nuts.

·         A set of 4 men’s ties.

What I would like for Christmas is a coffee mug with that great photo you took of me, us, the dog or the old house, when we moved.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Internet Manners