Pick of the Crop 2010 Films

I am an NRI, translated into: no-real Indian.  I follow Indian cinema in my quest to find only one million original films before humanity as we know it disappears.  I will use the term Indian cinema sparingly because I only have access to Hindi films, not Bengali, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu, Marathi, Kannada, Gujarati and other languages. 

Film of the year 2010 picks – My Take
FILM
PRODUCERS
QUOTABLE QUOTE
My Name is Khan
Dharma Productions
Fox Star Studio
Fox Searchlight Pictures
Red Chillies Entertainment
“My name is Khan.  I’m not a terrorist,” says Khan.
Raavan
Madras Talkies
“If you wander in the sun, you’ll have the same colour as us.  Black.” Beera to Ragini.
Paa
A.B. Corporation
Sunil Manchanda
“Do you want this baby or not?” Vidya’s mother to her daughter.
Endhiran
Sun Pictures
“I want to live.  I love Sana,’ says Chitti the robot to Vasi.
Knock out
AAP Entertainment
“The British robbed India for 150 years.  Politicians have stolen more in the 60 years of independence,” says the sniper on the roof to Tony Khosla.

Dabangg
Arbaaz Khan Productions
“Has your father arranged your marriage?” says Chulbul to Rajjo.
Aakrosh
Big Screen Entertainment
Zee Motion Pictures
“Where is the boy that survived?” asks Siddarth.
“He’s ironing his shirt,” replied Pratap.
Pepli
Amir Khan Productions
Don’t remember.
Rann
Madhu Mantena
Don’t remember.
Khatta Meetha
Hari Om Productions
Cape of Good Hope Productions
Don’t remember.


Let’s hope we’ll see more original stories in 2011.  I might close shop if we don’t and move to another country in search of original stories.  I left Hollywood because of the same monotonous script.  I’ll easily leave Mumbai as well.

Nonqaba waka Msimang is the author of Sweetness The Novel.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Organic Brussels Sprouts