All Things Atlanta

Atlanta Georgia on my mind.

This blog teaches followers isi-Zulu or Zulu, but there’s a lot we cannot cover here because English doesn’t have many triple consonants, an important ingredient in isi-Zulu, and that makes translation a challenge.
Good news though.  It just occurred to me that there are some Zulu words pronounced like Atlanta.  Say the -i- like e-mail.

ZULU
ENGLISH
Ntando.
A boy’s name which means love.
I-nta-ndo.
A charm to induce love.
Nta-mba-ma.
In the afternoon.
I-nta-mo.
Neck.
I-nta-ba.
Mountain.
E-nta-be-ni.
On the mountain.
I-nto.
A thing.
I-nto-mba-za-ne.
Girl.
Ntombazane.
A girl’s name meaning girl. You better believe it.
I-nta-mbo.
Rope. Kids in Africa, Atlanta and Brazil play jump rope.
Nta-nta.
Float, like a toy duck in a basin or bath tub. 
By: Nonqaba waka Msimang.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Internet Manners