My Grandmother is not a Blogger

Former U.S. First Lady Michelle Obama with her mother,
Marian Shields Robinson.

Mama was close to grandmother. She said if I care for her, I should also care for her mother. I did and got love in return. It was the smile which was just for me, despite having more than 20 grand children.


She wasn’t a Hollywood grandmother that said ‘I love you’ every time I sulked. Mama whipped my you know what every time I went off the track. Not grandma. She had a way of looking at me in a way that made me ashamed of my young ignorant ‘I think I know it all’ self.

‘Ngiyaxolisa Khulu.’ It means I’m sorry grandma.

Grandmothers don’t blog because words cannot describe the pain they feel when they see their kids, our parents on a suicide mission. They hurt more when our parents try to hide the pain using orthodox and unorthodox pain killers.

Our parents sometimes show disrespect when they warn them about the danger of such pain killers. Grandmothers ignore the disrespect, it’s just water off a duck’s back.

Grandmothers don’t blog because of blogs’ brevity. It depends on the individual blogger but the rule of thumb is that blogs should not be as long as your term paper.
Grandma's are fun, unique, learn from them.


Because blogs are short, grandmothers don’t blog. What they have to say will take many electronic pages but it must be said, so that blog followers can understand where and how their kids, our parents arrived at the point of no return both mentally and physically.

Grandmothers don’t blog because they are too busy raising us after the demise of their kids, our parents. They don’t blog because they are up and down visiting their kids, our parents in prison, hospitals or mental institutions.

Grandmothers don’t blog because they are old school.  They still believe that certain things should remain in the family domain, including the pain of watching their kids, our parents wither in pain.

By:  Nonqaba waka Msimang.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Internet Manners