#internationalmeday

National selfie day.  National fried chicken day.  If there are such auspicious days, I can also celebrate myself by creating and international Me Day which recognises the wonder that is me.

I won’t restrict myself to borders.  That is why it will be international.  I am international because I breathe the same air with the whole world.  The sun also gives me a little bit of its warmth like everybody else.  The moon shines blue on me when it is in a good mood and the rainbow sends me a text when it is in full display, like a mischievous peacock, the bird that is the epitome of me-mess.
Rainbow colours are equally striking that is why I colour myself beautiful.  I am essential to the world because rainbow colours are inter-dependent.   We cannot separate them with a knife.  They feed on each other.

The international me day confirms that the world will not be the same without me, just as we cannot have one million dollars if a dime is missing.  I might be an ant but there is a good reason for being part of the equation, of the living. 
Creating an international me day will take some time and will involve campaigning for hashtags that support this noble idea.  Please don’t call it selfish.  It sullies the image of me.
I will wait for the realisation of this day.  It will be a pleasant wait because I will go back to my usual entertainment, watching folks who have their international me day 24/7, sharing their songs, numbered jerseys, designer clothes, Billy Blanks Tae Bo bodies, cars, kids, new from the box wives, rings and even opinions with us, no day people.

By:  Nonqaba waka Msimang.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Internet Manners