Show Something in Zulu


Show your I.D.  Show is veza in Zulu.


We show identity documents at work, school and immigration.  Having wallets or handbags stolen is traumatic, because of the many documents that identify who we are.  Travelling with kids to other countries requires all kinds of documents to show that you are the parent or has the authority to take them abroad.
My invitation card to Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s wedding arrived late in the mail. I couldn’t fly to England without it because I knew that I had to show it at the door.

Ve-za.  The first part is pronounced as in vest, the second one as in Zanzibar.

ZULU
ENGLISH
Ve-za i-I.D.
Show your identity document.
Ve-za i-passport.
Show your passport.
Ngi-zo-veza i-ncwadi yo-ku-za-lwa.
I will show my birth certificate.
Ngi-zo-veza i-khadi la-se-sikoleni.
I will show the college/school card.
Gustaf, ve-za u-kuthi u-ya-ngi-thanda.
Gustaf show me that you love me.
Eileen, ve-za u-thando lwakho.
Eileen show your love.
Ba-veza i-zi-bhamu.
They showed guns.
They brought out guns.
Ba-ve-za ama-invitation cards.
They showed invitation cards.
Ba-veza i-mali ya-se-Poland.
They showed Polish currency.
Ba-ve-za i-mali ya-se-France.
They showed French currency.
Veza u-li-mi.
Show me your tongue (doctor to patient).
Ve-za u-lwa-zi lwa-kho.
Show your skills.

By:  Nonqaba waka Msimang

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Organic Brussels Sprouts